Universal Pediatrics At Newton Wellesley
Including a Top Doctor by Boston Magazine since 2016
PATIENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our goal is to provide you with the utmost professional medical care available. To do this we need to establish a relationship with you as the parent that allows open communication between you and the pediatrician. Both you and your child's pediatrician have certain responsibilities to ensure proper medical care:
- Treatment plans, prognosis, and diagnoses will be explained to you at each visit.
- You will be able to reach a pediatrician for emergencies when our office is closed.
- Your child's medical record will be kept confidential.
- You may review your child's medical record with the pediatrician at a scheduled time.
- Employees will identify themselves and explain why they are treating your child.
- If you do not understand your billing statement, it will be explained to you by an assigned employee.
- You are responsible to make co-payments at the time of service in accordance with you insurance contract. If you have no insurance, payment in full is your responsibility at the time of service.
- You are responsible to know your insurance benefits.
- You are responsible to give an accurate medical history and inform the pediatrician of any changes.
- You are responsible to be compliant with treatment plans.
- You are responsible to keep all scheduled appointments, be on time and inform us if you cannot keep an appointment. We are required to report consistent missed appointments to certain health plans.
- You are responsible to update demographic information.
Welcome and thank you for choosing Universal Pediatrics. We appreciate the opportunity to provide your child with the highest quality pediatric care available. We understand how cumbersome it is to complete paperwork at a new physician's office. We have included our necessary paperwork for you to download. Please print and complete at home to help make your first visit more comfortable. Do not hesitate to call our office with questions.